Monday, June 23, 2008

I Have a Doorknob

I haven't had a doorknob on my bathroom door for well over a year, maybe two. It fell off one day and I tried replacing it several times but could never make it work. Old house, odd sizes, etc. We got used to it and never really thought about it until we had company. There is a lock at the top of the door to hold it closed and two holes where the doorknob should have been that we promised not to look through when our guests were using the facilities.
After a late lunch yesterday Rog wanted to go to a park or explore something outside in the area, but we couldn't think of anything close by and Christo had to be at a game at 5, so we had a little lull and Rog said, "you know, I think I can fix your doorknob". And he did it in no time.
By then he was on a roll.
"you know, it wouldn't take too much to put a sink and vanity in your bathroom upstairs". Another thing we had been living without since late August last year". Don't ask. I didn't know how to do it and we got busy and got used to it. That's kind of my mantra around here on repairs.
You know, I'm trying really hard to think of a better day this year. Things have been so rough, for MONTHS, and just these two things made for the nicest day. Maybe because he didn't have to, he just wanted to help.

1 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

oh man. you just made me tear up. i'm glad that made your day :)

June 25, 2008 10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home